International Ultraviolet Explorer
(1980s ultraviolet space telescope)
The International Ultraviolet Explorer (IUE)
was a space-based ultraviolet telescope
launched in 1978 into Earth orbit and operated until 1996.
Among the organizations collaborating
were NASA and European Space Agency.
- SWS - "Short Wavelength Spectrograph" (115nm-200nm)
- LWS - "Long Wavelength Spectrograph" (185nm-330nm)
- LWP - "Long Wavelength Prime" camera.
- SWP - "Short Wavelength Prime" camera.
- LWR - "Short Wavelength Redundant" camera.
- SWR - "Short Wavelength Redundant" camera.
Among its activities were followup UV studies of SN 1987A.