(MPF, MESUR Pathfinder)
(1990s mission to Mars with rover)
Mars Pathfinder (MPF or MESUR Pathfinder)
was a NASA mission to Mars with a
rover, Sojourner (originally, MRFE for Microrover Flight Experiment)
that separated from the lander,
which was named Carl Sagan Memorial Station
It landed on Mars in 1997, in Ares Vallis
(a rocky flood plain), aiming for a minimum of
a month of operation, actually operating for three months.
- IMP - Imager for Mars Pathfinder.
- ASI/MET - Atmospheric Structure Instrument/Meteorology Package.
Instruments on Sojourner:
- APXS - Alpha Proton X-ray Spectrometer.
- cameras (two black and white, one color)
- Wheel Abrasion Experiment.
- Materials Adherence Experiment.