(Small Missions for Advanced Research in Technology-1)
(Swedish lunary orbiter operational 2004-2008)
SMART-1 (for Small Missions for Advanced Research in Technology-1)
was a Swedish lunar orbiter launched in 2004 and operational
until 2008. It was a technology pilot that included a solar-powered
thruster (an ion engine). Instruments:
- AMIE "Advanced Moon micro-Imager Experiment".
- D-CIXS "Demonstration of a Compact X-ray Spectrometer".
- XSM "X-ray solar monitor".
- SIR "Smart-1 Infrared Spectrometer".
- EPDP "Electric Propulsion Diagnostic Package".
- SPEDE "Spacecraft Potential, Electric and Dust Experiment".
- KATE "Ka band TT&C (telemetry, tracking and control".
Referenced by pages: