(6.5 meter telescope at Mt. Hopkins, Arizona)
MMT is a 6.5 meter telescope at the MMT Observatory (MMTO)
on Mt. Hopkins in Arizona on the grounds of the Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory.
MMT stands for Multi Mirror Telescope and is so
named because it was originally built with six mirrors (in 1979).
It was rebuilt in 1998 as a 6.5 meter
Monolithic Mirror telescope, and the abbreviation MMT
was retained as its name.
- ARIES - Infrared Imager and single slit echelle Spectrograph.
- MIRIC-BLINC - Mid-IR camera.
- MMT Spectrograph - blue & red channel spectrographs.
- Clio2 - Thermal IR camera.
- Hectospec - multiple-object spectrograph.
- Hectochelle - multi-object echelle spectrograph.
- MAESTRO - Single-slit echelle spectrograph.
- MMT-Pol - IR imaging polarimeter.
- MMTCam - f/5 Wavefront Sensor and science camera.
- PISCES - Wide-field IR imager.
- SPOL - Imaging spectropolarimeter.
- SWIRC - Wide-field IR imager.
- MMIRS - Near-infrared Multi-Object Slit Spectrograph.
Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory (FLWO)